Its December 2017, My amazing sister just forwarded a message she received from Ursula Ringham who is quite frankly much smarter than I am, I wanted to share with you all an article she wrote about trends to watch this year, I want to impress upon you how forward thinking I believe she is.
I am officially changing her 2017 list to 2018.
1. Artificial Intelligence - be wary of marketing tactics that claim Artificial Intelligence, I have yet to see any evidence that this is anything more than "look-alike audiences" however on the analytics side, this is a much different story just be certain to vet this when you hear it.
2. Video in general is the wave of the future, live or produced just start doing it!!
3. Mobile is going to rule the day for a very long time always think mobile first! watch for great things coming from the Beacon sector in 2018.
4. Influencer marketing is a wild west, be absolutely sure you have enthusiasm from the influencer and that they will work for you and not just schlep some crappy content on their page.
5. Live Audio is the quietest roll-out on Facebook in history, I mean really has anyone used it? let alone listened to it? I agree with PodCasts, however, become a thought leader write, do video or audio where you feel comfort start doing it NOW!!
Here is what Ursula had to say
5 Content Marketing Trends To Watch In 2017
If you’re planning to use the same old marketing techniques in 2017, you’re in for a rude awakening. Content marketing changes at lightning speed, and savvy brand builders need to stay ahead of the curve. You need to be prepared for the upcoming technological changes, or you’ll be overtaken your quicker competitors. Be on the lookout for the following top five content marketing trends in 2017.
Artificial intelligence will play a larger role in the content served to consumers in 2017. Brand builders will be able to use AI-enabled data analytics to understand which content is resonating with consumers. To take things a step further, AI-enabled predictive analytics will help companies figure out which topics are likely to be popular as they develop content strategies for sure-fire success.
Expect to see a significant increase in the use of Live Video in 2017. But from a content perspective, forget the short, silly live videos. Facebook is pushing longer format as they want marketers to focus on quality, not quantity. Your content needs to be engaging so that people not only want to watch but come back and watch again and again. With Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube already in the game, you can broadcast content to any social platform and reach your target audience. The game-changer for B2B marketers will be when LinkedIn joins the game. Imagine the evolution of the webinar to a targeted, verified audience.
An ever-greater number of searches happen on mobile phones nowadays, and mobile data will likewise play a larger role in content marketing outreach in 2017. From GPS-specific social media marketing to mobile-only content, brand builders will place increasing importance on mobile-enabled content consumers.
Influencer campaigns on social media will skyrocket in 2017. Today’s business owners want increased ROI from their marketing campaigns, and influencer outreach is a surefire way to improve engagement rates. From influencer posts on Instagram and YouTube to sponsored posts on Snapchat to Facebook Live conversations, there will be a significant increase in the amount of not-so-organic content on social media. The key is to partner with the right influencer for your brand.
With Facebook launching live audio, expect an increase in the number of marketers offering audio content in 2017. Podcasting is already hugely popular, and it will only continue to grow as live audio posts become everyday occurrences. Look for audio snippets in blog posts and on social media platforms like Twitter.
Content marketing will continue to boom as business owners attempt to connect with consumers in more meaningful ways. With everything from Live Video to AI-enabled data analytics becoming available, it’s a fabulous time to be a marketing professional. Which of these marketing trends will you adopt in 2017 to help grow your business?